- The apprenticeship program is a 2- or 4-year program.
- Successful candidates will be hired as a full-time employee where they will work for Kimbel Mechanical during the day and attend school one evening per week.
- Electrical apprentices attend school with Arkansas College of Electricity or Arkansas Construction Education Foundation. All classes are taught by licensed master electricians.
- The school is structured around a traditional school calendar. Each year has two semesters; August through December and January through April.
- You can earn a total of 72 hours per semester, with a total of 144 hours annually.
- After completing two years, you will accumulate the 288 hours needed to test for the Residential Journeyman Electrician License. This license is issued through the Department of Labor from the state of Arkansas.
- After completing four years you will accumulate the 576 hours needed to test for the Journeyman Electrician License. This license is issued through the Department of Labor from the state of Arkansas.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Apply directly to one of our Apprentice jobs available at www.KMSJobs.com. Once you have been accepted for employment, you will be enrolled in an apprenticeship program.
The cost of our 4-year apprenticeship school is less than $3,500. There is no out of pocket cost for you! Kimbel covers all tuition costs upfront and then deducts tuition at $50 per week from your paycheck.